Posy makes a new Friend

Hello Teddy Friends,

Here I am sitting with my teddies, enjoying a regular tea party when I heard mummy calling my name. '"Posy? Posy where are you?"

I jumped from my armchair, "Mummy, I'm here!", I waved at her with a big smile which is reserved only for her.

"There you are sweetie!", she spotted me immediately, lifted me up close to her face for a snuggle. She looked happy "My dearest Posy, I have something important to tell you and I need your help!" I love it when mummy needs my help.

"What is it mummy?"

"Posy we have a new guest that I would like you to meet. She will be living with us now." My heart sank a little. 'Will mummy be replacing me?' I thought to myself. I swallowed hard. "Come Posy I want you to meet Willow."

"Who's Willow?" I anxiously asked.

"Willow is a lovely doll, and she is very timid and shy. She doesn't say much and I was hoping that you could get to open up to her and make a new friend." I looked over mummy to see for myself who this Willow is, who's this doll that apparently will be taking my place. There she was a beautiful doll sitting on a shelf. Beautiful auburn long curly hair. big eyes, pale colored skin and she had such a pretty dress. She was much taller than me but like mummy said she looked very lonely and very timid.

"Oh mummy she is so beautiful, and she is a big doll!" I exclaimed. "Mummy I don't think she would want to have a teddy as a friend!" I started to panic. "No mummy I don't think this is a good idea." Mummy caught my alarmed voice and lifted me up close to her face again.

"Posy what's going on?", she asked me softly. I didn't reply. "Don't you want to make Willow feel welcome to our family and make a new friend?" I only looked down. "I thought you would want to do that and I think you are the perfect teddy for the job."

"Mummy she is beautiful and she is a big doll,..." I started to say but she hushed me and kissed me on my fluffy head.

"My dearest Posy, Willow might be a big beautiful doll but you have a much bigger heart. I think I know what's going on here. Posy sweetheart, mummy has no intention of leaving you ever." I looked straight into her face because that is exactly what I was afraid of. "Posy you are always with me and this is why I trusted you to take over Willow. Did I ever ask anyone to take over you when you were adopted?"

"No mummy! Never! It was always you who took care of me!" I was already feeling better, Mummy was right, it was always me and her. We shared so much together and here she was entrusting me with a new guest in the family.  I raised my arms so I can give her a bear hug. "Mummy I love you so much." Mummy hugged me closer.

"Posy I love you much more! Now go girl and do what you do best."

So I went next to Willow, she looked so uncomfortable and so scared. I started by introducing myself and talked about life here and that we were loved and taken good care of. I talked about our other friends the baby doll and the other teddies. I warned her about the tiny pooch Tina. I  told her all about mummy and her dolls houses and miniatures. Willow started to giggle after a while and started to talk a little.

Finally I asked her, Do you want to be my friend?"

"Oh yes please!", Willow replied with a smile.

"Do you want a bear hug?" I asked.

"I would love to have one" she replied. I was sure that she didn't have a clue what a bear hug was, but I was surprised when she accepted and hugged me back.

Everyone meet my new friend Willow.









That's all for today.

Sending you lots of Bear Hugs,

Posy xxx

Comments

  1. Well done mummy I am really looking forward for new blogs. Thank you for the wonderful stories❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Posy has a new friend, that's great!! I'm sure they'll get along together very well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment