Baking for Christmas!

Hello Everyone,

How are you all? I am still here roaming around, being mummy's companion and doing all sorts of stuff. I have been neglecting the blog and I am very sorry, but mummy always wants me with her so I don't have time to do much.. Maybe in the New Year things would be better.

Christmas is here again. Like every year, you can feel the magic in the air, the kids are all excited, mummy managing her full schedule while I enjoy the festive season.

This Christmas I have another pretty red dress. Don't you think it suits me? 

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve! Santa will be coming! All the stocking are hanging in place, the ones for the kids, Tina's and mine is there too.

Mummy is preparing all sorts of food for Christmas, She is preparing the Christmas Dinner I suppose, so I decided that I would invite a few of my friends for the Christmas Dinner.

I went to Rose Cottage as it's my favorite of the lot and used their kitchen. I love the blue Delft Kitchen. It reminds me of my birth place in Holland. 

There is so much to do and so much to bake. But I am getting there. Spent the whole day in the kitchen.


My Dinner is going to be grand, The gingerbread house, gingerbread-men cookies, A Christmas fruit trifle, mince pies, eggnog and now I am in the process of making the traditional Christmas Cake. 

I can hear mummy is close by.

"Hey mummy what do you think of my Christmas Dinner?"

"Hi Posy, mmmm everything smells so nice and it looks so wonderful, what are you baking?"

"I am preparing the Christmas Dinner for my friends to enjoy!"


"I have made all sorts of yummy food that we teddies like." 

Mummy started to giggle while she examined my choice of dinner.

"Posy, dear I think you have prepared the Desert and not the Dinner." I looked at her puzzled. "Don't you want to have maybe a lasagna, maybe also a roasted turkey and some vegetables?" 

"No mummy! No turkey and definitely no vegetables!" I was shocked when she mentioned the poor turkey and even more when she mentioned the yukky vegetables. "This will be just perfect! All the goodness of sweetness with honey and sugar."


Mummy started to laugh and gave me the hopeless look. "As you wish Posy, if it makes you happy then you can have the Christmas Dinner as you please with your friends," that was a relief but much seriously she added "on one condition that you don't eat it all at once, I don't want and teddies feeling sick for Christmas." 

I smiled at mummy, she had her way of being the mother goose of the family. I went round the table and lifted up my arms for her to pick me up. 

"I won't get sick mummy, I promise!" I nudged my head against her cheek while she hugged me closer to her face.

"I love you Posy"

"I love you too mummy" and with that she kissed my fluffy head. 

Off I go to bake some more yummy stuff, Maybe a Christmas Log and a Christmas Pudding. 

See you all real soon.

Bear Hugs,


Posy xxx 





Comments

  1. Oh, sweet Posy, you never fail to make me melt!! I'm sure you're going to enjoy your Christmas dinner with your friends! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, as the same to mummy, who looks after you like nobody else can!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you from me and mummy. Love you lots xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment