A Cousin for Posy

Hello Teddy Friends,

How are you all? I know it has been a while since my last post and for good reason. I am so sorry for being away but Archy, Pebbles and I moved to our new home. Yes my teddy friends, we finally have a home of our own. It is still being fixed but that is another story to tell. I can't wait to show it to you. 

Today I have something more important to share with you. Mummy and I just arrived back from The Netherlands where we adopted another teddy. 


My mummy and I traveled to Holland last Friday to go to the wonderful Dollshouse, Miniature & Teddy Show in Expo Houten. 

The Show was amazing. You wouldn't believe how many miniatures mummy has brought with her. She got a huge box full of dollshouse miniature accessories and furniture besides what was in her luggage. When she was done, we went to the Teddy Section. I was so excited to see the lovely teddies. 

"Come on mum, get me out of the bag, I want to see the teddies!" I insisted. 

"Yes Posy, hold on!" I spent the rest of the day in her arms looking at the lovely teddies, all in different shapes, sizes and colors. All of them were nicely displayed and stood proud waiting to be adopted. I wondered if mum would adopt anyone from them. I know mum is very careful to choose but finally she stopped at a stand.  She smiled and picked up a teddy. That was a good sign. Mummy would never touch a teddy unless she had intentions to adopt it. 

She looked at me and asked, "What do you think Posy? Would you like to have a cousin?"

She looked pretty. She looked like me and my siblings but not quite like us.  The lovely artist Marianne Neumann made Viva. All her teddies are beautiful but both mummy and I fell in love with Viva. 


Viva came with a certification of authenticity and has a small silver heart on her arm saying 'Made with Love'. Indeed I am sure she was made with love. We also got her a pretty dress that was given to her by daddy and two sweaters to match with her dress. Having a wardrobe of pretty dresses, I am sure I can afford to give her one or two.

Viva was very quiet and very shy. I tried to reassure her that she will be loved. I spoke to her in Dutch and told her that I was also adopted and that I was born in Holland before moving to Malta. She warmed up to me. 

As soon as we arrived back to Malta I was so excited to introduce her to Archy and Pebbles. 

Viva looked more happy when she found herself in her new home and she loved in particular the nursery. Arch and Pebbles adored her and could see why mummy and I wanted to adopt her. 


"Posy I think I will love living here with you very much!" She whispered. She is so cute. 

"I really hope so Viva, mummy will take good care of us!", she looked at me with uncertainty, "Are you all right Viva?", her eyes grew and very timidly she asked,

"So is the lady that adopted me, my mummy too?" 

I gave her the biggest smile ever and I exclaimed, " Off course she is!!! She is mummy to us all! She is the best and she loves us, looks after us.... wait till you get to know her." 


Viva was more than happy to hear that. 

"Oh Viva, Mummy has three kids, has three adorable pooches, she has us teddies, lots of dolls and dollshouses and she also has Willow and Queenie and the good thing is that her heart is so big that she loves us all!!"

"Who are Willow and Queenie?" she was more than curious and wanted to know more.

"Willow and Queenie are mummy's dolls but they are my best friends...wait till you meet them!"

"I would love to meet them", she replied. I could tell that Viva will love her new family here.


At that moment mummy came in. "Hi sweet girls, have we settled in?" she asked while smiling at us both.

"Oh yes mummy, and Viva is very happy to be here." I told her. 

"I am very happy to hear that my sweet Posy. Now Viva darling, I want you to be comfortable and feel at home so if you need anything let me or Posy know. " The little thing nodded. 

"Mum can we both have a bear hug?" I shouted.

"Oh yes sweethearts, I love bear hugs," and with that she picked us both up and snugged her face against us.  I am very sure that at that moment if Viva had any doubt about mummy, it was washed away in seconds. 

That is all for today. I can't wait to share with you our new home. 

TTFN - Ta Ta for Now. 

Bear Hugs,

Posy x

Comments

  1. What a lovely and heartwarming story! Welcome to your new family Viva, I'm sure you'll love it! 🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment