Discovering Mummy's Old Dolls House

Hello everyone,

How are you all?  I haven't been around much. It is really really hot here. Mummy has been keeping me indoors because of the heat. 

A few days ago while mummy was at work, I decided to go for another adventure around the house. I get so bored when mummy is not around.  I came across a small room which looked familiar to me but I can't remember the last time I have been here. I sniffed around and it smelled of mummy. 

"This must be mummy's room!" I thought to myself. A small desk with a Tiffany lamp on one side, a small wardrobe with lace curtains in glass doors on the other side. All sorts of books on the hanging shelves and there in the corner was this huge dolls house. 

I climbed to the house and went up the outside stairs. "Why was this dolls house here and not with the rest of mummy's collection?" I heard mummy say once that she kept her first dolls house that she built at home so this must be it!


It is hard for me to think that once my mummy was a beginner in the hobby of dolls housing. I try to picture my mummy, a 17 year old teenager building her first dolls house, without any experience and just enjoying it! 

I walked up to the front garden and I was horrified with what I saw. Something was definitely wrong. The tiny fountain in the corner was knocked down, the garden furniture was all dusty and the worst part the railings on one side was all broken. 

"What happened here?" I whispered,  "The kids wouldn't lay a finger on it. They know the rules. No one touches mummy's houses. Could it have been Binksy the cat? No Binksy wouldn't bother with mummy's house. It must have been the long tongued pup Tina. She is mischievous enough to cause this havoc"


I felt sorry for everything. This didn't happen recently. I know that mummy hasn't been around the room, especially since she moved the doll house collection in the new area. She is always busy the poor lady. If only I could help. 


An idea came to my fluffy head and I thought that I would fix it myself. It will keep me busy,  it will definitely help mummy and best of all I will get to work on miniatures. 

So I called in my friends to help me move the stuff away. 




It was not easy but once everything was placed on the side. I decided to give the floors a sweep and clean all the dust bunnies away.


Once the floors and stairs were squeaky clean, I found mummy's glue and carefully I glued the railing and posts in place. This was an opportunity to practice building a dolls house.


Once the railings were glued and dried, my friends and I put everything back in its rightful place. It was fun!


After that, my friends and I celebrated our success with a tea party right there. 



Everyone was so happy and excited for the next adventure.  I was sure that mummy was going to be very happy seeing her dolls house being looked after especially by me.

What do you think? Don't you think I made a great job?



I wanted to know how the inside looked. I wanted to know if it was as bad as the outside. I am so curious to see what my young mummy did when she first built it. 

I stepped to the door and pushed it opened. I peeped inside and it was quite dark.


But you know what? I won't be telling you what I found right now. That is another adventure that I will be sharing with you next time.

See you very soon.

Bear Hugs,

Posy xxx

Comments

  1. Oh, I totally love this post!!! Posy is totally endearing repairing the house with her little friends, so cute!!! The pictures are lovely!! Can't wait for the next episode!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Posy will do her best and I am sure she will do a good job.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute story. I really enjoyed watching Posy and her friends clean up her "Mummy's" old doll house. That was so helpful of her. I can't wait to see what happens next,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emilie posy will be sharing her next adventure very soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment